ITP: Galeon -- Mozilla-based web browser with GNOME look and feel

Galeon is a GNOME web browser which uses the libgtkmozembed library to embed Mozilla and its excellent Gecko engine.  It is very cool. - http://galeon.sourceforge.net

There have been some questions as to the galeon license and who will package Galeon.  I believe that I've spoken with the developers who originally intended to package galeon and they thought that I ought to go ahead and package it because I am already involved with the project and making nightly debs available, etc.  Galeon has long ago changed its license slightly because of the license issues, making it both DFSG free and mozilla-friendly.  From /usr/share/doc/galeon/copyright:

Copyright:

This package may be redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2 or later, found on Debian systems in the file /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

The present copyright holders of this file have given permission,
as a special exception, to link this file with the Mozilla
rendering component and distribute linked executables, as long as you
follow the requirements of the GNU GPL in regard to all of the
software in the executable aside from that component.

I hope this clears anything up about that.

Also, the current version of mozilla is M18, and mozilla has since released versions 0.7 and 0.8.  The mozilla maintainer is working hard and doing a very good job, so I don't mind waiting for the new version.  I'm going to find out from galeon upstream what the latest galeon version is which can be built against M18; I'll put that into main until 0.8 debs come out, at which point i'll build the latest galeon against it.

The current packages I'm providing are available at http://galeon.euber.net/galeon/sid/

These are builds of galeon 0.9pre3 against progeny's mozilla 0.7 debs.  Of course, they are not the debs that will be uploaded to debian :-)

I hope i've covered any concerns.

Cheers,

-Jared Johnson
solomon@futureks.net