Re: automating debconf

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 05:21:59PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > a pipe input method would be really useful.
>
> Just sit tight Craig. I've put in about 54 hours in the past 3 days on
> writing debconf's long awaited database backend. It *will* let you do
> what you want to do, cleantly and easily without any hacking.

cool.  i'll try it out when it's ready.

i hope it does do what i need...i had an interesting discussion the
other day with Arthur Korn about debconf and the back-end database. i
learnt some useful stuff about the backend. the trouble is that he was
confusing back-end issues with front-end issues so the comments he made
about it did nothing to address my concerns.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0