Re: Building the kernel-image-* packages

Hi Henrique,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:58:49PM -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> (Please excuse the Cc:, I understand you might need this information ASAP)

Actually I like Cc's on list mail because I want to answer fast and do not
read the mailing lists as often as my inbox :)

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > Today (ahem, yesterday actually) I tried to build new boot floppies with
> > new kernel images from 2.2.19pre13. This was the first time I tried to
>
> 2.2.19pre13 (actually anything after 2.2.19pre9 I think) has serious TCP/IP
> issues. It will drop 'idle' connections randomly, according to a bug
> reporter in linux-kernel.  It affects not only idle connections: in my ia32
> box it manages to kill just about every IRC session in a few dozens of
> minutes and causes about 70% of the attempted outbound http connections to
> fail. Using ssh is like playing russian roulette with your shell.
>
> I do not know exactly why you need the kernel (although 'boot floppies' give
> me quite a hint), but I thought I should better warn you. pre14 is not any
> better (I'm using it right as we speak). There's hope pre15 will be out
> tomorrow, reverting the patch which causes all the trouble.
>
> I am sorry I just noticed this thread a few minutes ago :(

Thanks for the warning. In case you are right - I don't see a big problem since
I just managed to write a script that builds all the kernels in one big sweep
including all the modules etc.

So in case a patch is available I will just make a new source package and build
them all.

I hope I get the time before the deadline of the isos...

n8

	Torsten