Re: OpenOffice packages?

Alan Shutko said:
> Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org> writes:
>
> > If OpenOffice requires a 1.2 jdk to compile, it likely requires a 1.2
> > jre to execute so that would work only if the package included a jre
> > 1.2 installer.
>
> ISTR that's not the case.  It needs the jdk to compile some optional
> functionality, but will run perfectly fine without it.

I can confirm that it runs without a JDK or JRE.  I have neither, but do run
OO.  However, some functionality is not there (not that I have found anything
that I miss).

jeff

Jeffry Smith      Technical Sales Consultant     Mission Critical Linux
smith@missioncriticallinux.com   phone:603.930.9739 fax:978.446.9470
Thought for today:  UCE n.

 [abbrev., Unsolicited Commercial Email] A
   widespread, more formal term for email spam. Compare
   UBE, which may be superseding it.