Re: Frozen distribution?

Anthony Towns wrote on debian-policy:
> The easiest solution that I can think of (ie, that doesn't cause difficult
> to detect breakage, and that doesn't involve further significant changes
> or too much awkwardness) is, during the freeze, to just upload major
> changes to experimental, and bugfix updates to unstable.

I have my doubts about this, because I think even intepid unstable users
will have qualms about pointing apt at experimental and letting it rip.
Maybe the new apt will help.

I have a large update to debconf nearly done (a full backend database,
and so on), and it will be uploaded to experimental as a kind of a test.
It'll be interested to see if I get any useful testing of the package
while it's in experimental.

--
see shy jo