Re: startx gone, how do I keep up, what did I miss?

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 03:58:54AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously cfm@maine.com wrote:
> > startx is gone from all of our workstations in today's weekly
> > **unstable** update.  No startx.dpkg-old, just gone.
>
> Known bug. It's been a fun week for those of us who track unstable :)
>
> > What if the maintainers upgrading such packages posted anything
> > major and new from their CHANGES file to the lists?  Would that
> > make sense?
>
> Feel free to subscribe to debian-devel-changes which already gets
> that info.

That's what I needed.  Thank you.

--

Lest anyone misunderstand, we **do** track unstable on a regular
weekly basis dist-upgrade.  There are frequent minor issues, mostly

We have had **only** one major issue in the past maybe two years
and that had to do with changes in mySQL reserved keywords - nothing
Debian.  Seems pretty good to me.  Debian unstable in a production
environment.

Well, sometimes mutt changes screen colors.  ;->

cfm