Re: Solution. Was Re: ps2pdf and xpdf problems.

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> The "faked up" math characters can be a real problem. I ran into this on
> another project where the bit map on the <> characters was simply
> abysmal,

You shouldn't see bitmaps.  The faking that pslatex does simply
substitutes times alphanumeric characters in mathmode, and fills in
the greeks with symbol where it can.  The rest will use CMR, but now
that you're using pdflatex or dvips -Ppdf and a reasonable
distiller-type program, you'll get Type 1 CMR.  (Unless you're using
the T1 font encoding... don't do that.  8^()

And if you additionally \usepackage{textcomp}, even more of the
characters (like bullets) will be filled in from Times.

> In fact the math "feature" of LaTeX places about 15 minutes of
> "proper quoting" work after laying out a large block of text that I
> always find agrivating ;-)

I don't quite understand what you're saying... could you give a short
example?

Sleep with a Photographer and see what develops...