Re: email addresses and the BTS

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:57:58PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> How about notification when the bug is closed?

I submit a lot of bugs and it's only rarely that I care about getting an
email when they're closed. (In most cases I only care about the bug when
I'm actually running into it. If it's fixed, I'll likely not even
remember or care about the bug.) If the submitter really can't live
without the email I guess it would fall under the clause I wrote about
further personal communication being necessary.

> How about when the maintainer wants to ask for additional
> details on the report?  If I ask a submitter for more info,
> and that email bounces, I will feel inclined to close the bug.

Note that I said "If the bug's been acknowleged". There are some cases
where the bug is obvious, the maintainer says "yeah, I need to fix that"
and further emails are not necessary. In that case, closing/reopening
just to change the email address is just an annoyence.

--
Mike Stone