Re: email addresses and the BTS

On Wed 14 Feb 2001, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 02:03:38PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > You can change the bug submitter address of an email by sending a message to
> > control@bugs.debian.org with this command:
> >
> > 	close #####
> > 	reopen ###### my@new.email.address
>
> Which is, IMHO, fairly annoying also (as the maintainer gets a lot of
> garbage email about bugs being closed and reopened.) If the bug's been
> acknowleged and there's no obvious reason why further personal
> communication is necessary, just leave it alone.

How about notification when the bug is closed?
How about when the maintainer wants to ask for additional
details on the report?  If I ask a submitter for more info,
and that email bounces, I will feel inclined to close the bug.
(Yes, sometimes some time passes before more info may be asked,
e.g. to ask if a new upstream version fixes the problem.)

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/