Re: Bug in auto-closing of bugs through changelog entries

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:
>Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
>> This probably would be a good feature though, I can't see why you
>> would ever want to close a bug for another package.
>
>I regularly do that for the kernel "virtual package".

Things you provide, naturally. wnpp is another exception. Most other
bugs ought to be reassigned then closed rather than just closed in the
other package.

I imagine this would be yet another thing that flags the upload for
manual attention. I'm not sure how the interface between dinstall on
auric and the BTS on master would work, though.