Re: Bug in auto-closing of bugs through changelog entries

    jae> So... dinstall (which I *think* does this) check that the bug
    jae> in a Closes clause really belongs to the package being
    jae> installed.

No. I think it simply generates an E-Mail that causes the bug to be
closed, but doesn't close the bug itself (this may have changed since
I last checked).

This probably would be a good feature though, I can't see why you
would ever want to close a bug for another package.

    jae> PS: I have the vague feeling as if this has been discussed
    jae> before... somewhere.

I don't recall this being discussed before...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>