Re: NM frustrations...

** On Feb 13, Marcus Brinkmann scribbled:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 11:30:38PM +0100, Mariusz Przygodzki wrote:
> > > Is there any reason why some people are forced to wait forever in the
> > > DAM queue (the longest is 211 days!) while others go straight through?
> >
> > Yes. Suitable connections (your or your AM) or no such connections.
That's, most certainly, bullocks, but...

[snip]
> > Please remember also that any your
> > query about it on debian-devel may only increase your awaiting time for DAM
> > approval.
>
> This would backfire to the trust worthiness of the DAM. People are expected
> to keep a lively interest in Debian. If their application seems to be
> stalled, and they don't complain, isn't that a sign that they care less?
...I hate to butt in once again on that subject, but what about people whose
application is stalled (in the DAM approval stage), they complain (both to
their AM and here, on debian-devel) and yet nothing's happening? (yes, yes,
I mean yours truly)

> You can't have either way, you need to decide which position you take.
I certainly do care about Debian - I've just (after long struggle with
myself, as I don't like the sponsorship idea) gotten my first packages into
Debian and so what? Where can I ask what the heck is going on with _my_
application? I asked questions, received no answers - maybe I should call
somebody on the phone? Maybe I should fly over to USA or somewhere to ask
somebody else in person? I don't care - just want _some_ answer.

best regards,

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 Sometimes, too long is too long. - Joe Crowe