Re: Changing the ID on a Debian key

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 08:13:31PM +0000, Luis Arocha <data@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > So you don't need one more key. You will have one key with two email address.

>   Ok.  If I do this, the new email address will work for uploading packages?
>   (I thought we had to send the key to keyring-maint@debian.org..?)

Since you're not uploading a new key, only a change to a key that's already in
the ring, you should be able to get away with uploading straight to the
keyserver.

$ ggp --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-keys <key ID>

As long as the new uid is signed with your key (the default when adding new
uids), there's a valid chain of trust and you will be able to use the new uid
for uploads, even if the new uid isn't signed by other developers.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer