Re: Packages removed from testing

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:30:33PM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:20:54AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > It's unfortunate that the maintainer (gecko) is not active, since
> > there is a much newer version of abiword out again. I would love to
> > maintain the package but he hasn't conceded to giving me the package.
>
> Has he said 'no' or have you had no response? In the latter case, please
> just take it over (and be willing to give it back to gecko if he asks for
> it). I would take over abiword myself if you don't - I use it and want
> it to be a much better package.

He said no a few months ago, but has fallen into inactivity again. I'm
not greedy for the packages, I'm just an AbiWord developer who is
embarassed by the current state of the Debian packages and would be
satisfied if someone keeps them up to date.

BTW, we maintain most of the packaging upstream and even build debs on
a daily basis. Keeping abiword current in debian shouldn't be hard,
but if gecko isn't up to it he really should give away the package.