Re: ITP: log2mail - sends email if a pattern in a certain logfile is matched.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Gerrit Pape wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 05:45:19PM +0100, calvin@net.uni-sb.de wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 05:27:25PM +0100, Gerrit Pape wrote:
> > > log2mail sends message to a specified email address if a pattern in a
> > > certain logfile is matched.
> > What is the difference/advantage to the logcheck program?
> >
> o runs as daemon
> o notifies asap (configurable)
> o prepared for use with pagers
> o matches patterns in lines using regex
> o high configurable:
>   o mailto, patterns, buffering, ... for each seperate logfile
>   o other packages can 'drop in' configfiles for their logs
But I prefer to get informed about all patterns except those I don't
want to see (logcheck) over a set of "interesting" patterns (as log2mails
seem to do)  because there might be patterns I would miss this way.

Kind regards

           Andreas.