Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

> On 2/6/2001 00:32, Hamish Moffatt at hamish@debian.org wrote:
> >
> > The whole idea of Xinerama is that your entire desktop is one display,
> > right? So how can gnome-control-center display the image on just one
> > display?

Not just one 'display,' one 'screen'.  (I'm being pedantic, but if this
is an X problem, then it's warranted.)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:27:42AM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> I have no idea, but that's exactly what's happening. Take a look at this:
>
> http://members.home.net/duckwing/xinerama.jpg
> http://members.home.net/duckwing/xinerama2.jpg
>
> I contacted the author and he thinks he knows where the bug is but doesn't
> run dual-head himself to check.

Xinerama makes N>1 monitors into one screen, so the fact that you can
screenshoot each seperately tells me there's something wrong with X.  I
may be wrong.

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".