ViewCVS access now available for standard (was: Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian)

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:40:03PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:07:41PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > Last night, I downloaded source for all required and important packages, and
> > fed them into CVS with cvs-inject.  The compressed sources (tar.gz, diff.gz,
> > dsc) were 70M.  These packages used DBS or a similar setup, with repacked
> > upstream sources in the tar.gz, so CVS is next to useless for them:
>
> Today, I imported the rest of standard into my CVS repository.  Here are some
> statistics:

I've been updating the repository about once per day.  I just recently finished
automating the process, and the repository now contains 156 (package,version)
pairs for 142 packages.

I have put the repository up for viewing with viewcvs here:

http://alcor.ddts.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/debian/?cvsroot=Debian-test

Not surprisingly, the most oft-changed package is debconf, with 5 uploads in
the past 8 days.  Other packages with several revisions include rblcheck, cpio,
and console-data (all with 3 revisions).  Look to those packages if you want to
see anything interesting.

Note that all of the timestamps are invalid, as I've re-imported all of the
packages several times as I've improved the process.

There isn't too much to see yet, but this should whet your appetites.  Feedback
is appreciated.

--
 - mdz