Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> The exact steps are like this: you agree with a prospective developer
> to recommend him and he signs up at http://nm.debian.org.  Then you
> have to go to this site, click on his name, follow the "advocate
> this application" link, put in your Debian login and press the 'submit'
> button.  You will then receive an e-mail with an auth key which you have
> to return GPG/PGP signed.  When this is done, the prospective developer
> will get an AM assigned who goes through the NM steps with him.

Is it right that everyone in the system right now is listed as having an
advocate? (all seem to be advocated by "sunset", which is not a login name
on debian machines..) Were those grandfathered in?

> I will put more information on Debian's NM web site at
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-advocate  Feedback and questions
> are welcome.

It would be useful if nm.debian.org allowed searching by name as well as
by email address. The full list is available, so this wouldn't leak any
info, it would be more convenient though.

--
see shy jo