Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

On 2/5/2001 12:31, Chad Miller at cmiller@surfsouth.com wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, the app can't know that there are several CRTs that
> make up a single display+screen, so it seems you have two screens or two
> displays.  Are you sure that you're using Xinerama?
>
> What happens when you type 'startx -- +xinerama'?

Well, that's the command I'm using. But it does try to put the background
screen on both monitors. Take a look here:

http://members.home.net/duckwing/xinerama.jpg
http://members.home.net/duckwing/xinerama2.jpg

I've contacted the author and it might be a bug and I've reported it as
such. I know it doesn't happen in the "stable" version of ximian gnome as
that's been tested by someone else for me that has a similar setup.

So now I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

 Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!