Re: Bugs about new upstream versions

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 09:55:45PM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> IMHO, several months is not too long, in most cases, and people have
> a right not to be bugged unnecessarily about their volunteer work.

I think that a _wishlist_ report about a new upstream is warranted the
moment it's released, in most cases, although it's courteous not to file it
if it hasn't been a week or so (primarily to save (that little amount of)
bandwidth).

Maintainers that are annoyed at such wishlists are IMHO way too huffy for
the job...