Re: FHS compliance and UNIX sockets

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 04:03:11PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> I use $HOME/tmp for my temporary directory, but I guess practices differ
> (that could be bad if /home was on nfs, so I guess some might use
> /tmp/user).
>
> I'm not sure if putting it in /var/tmp makes sense.

not really, /tmp/ makes sense because its autocleaned, /var/tmp and
$HOME/tmp are not.  i like the autocleaning from both an admin and
user perspective. i don't have to worry about cleaning cruft out all
the time.  and i don't have to nag users to take out the trash.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/