Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']

I'm still in the queue, but...

The tracking could be improved. I filled out an application a while ago
so all I could fill in whas name and email. No AM has been assigned to
me yet, though Martin did contact me and we went through the checklist.

I get the impression that I'm just a name and email in some database I
can't see. I await some busy individual to a assign me to a busy AM who
will then ask me questions.

It would be nice if the potential maintainer could access a live
database record and add/update info like GPG keys, current releated
projects etc.

I think the database _should_ track folks that have not yet completed
everything in the check list. As long as they can come back and fill
things in, there is a gain from this.

Further info can be gleaned by how often the potential maintainer
updates the record.

Not allowing a potential maintainer to sign up just because something on
the list is missing merely means there is no way of knowing he intends
to sign up. There is no need to process the application until the items
are completed, but the data is there so progress can be discovered more
easily.

trivial note, I'd recommend that a public key server and the GPG key id
be in the database, not the actual GPG key. Then the AM can just
recv-keys to get a local copy. Of course this should still be verified
by face to face contact.

--
Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten