Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) wrote :
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 06:52:52PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 10:59:14PM +0000, Thom May wrote:
> > > The BSDs use CVS for their core system.
>
> So why don't you start by making a mirror of the Debian archive that
> only takes the sources (.tar.gz, .diff.gz, .dsc), and that never, ever,
> deletes anything?
What does archive.d.o do? just holds snapshots of releases?

And, as Matt pointed out, holding just the changes between
debian releases is_ potentially_ not fine grained enough to allow
for easy bug fixing, which I think is probably Matt's major
concern.
Cheers,
-Thom