Re: FHS compliance and UNIX sockets

    Michael> Given that, the appropriate course of action is to drag
    Michael> our feet and wait for the FHS revision that fixes that.

Agree. My feeling is the more weight should be applied to this section of the

"This directory contains system information data describing the system
since it was booted. "

Then this:

"Note: programs that run as non-root users may be unable to create
files under /var/run and therefore need a subdirectory owned by the
appropriate user."

So, I think it should only be for "system information" which means
programs like X (which might break existing statically linked
programs), but not programs like ssh-agent.
Brian May <bam@debian.org>