Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
>In Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:17:22 -0200 "Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV)"
><dockov@zaz.com.br> cum veritate scripsit :
>> what about if the applicant must apply by sending a description
>> of his/her intentions, difficulties, technical knowledge, etc...
>>
>> his/her application would be only accepted if he/she give enough
>> and consistent information in that email...
>>
>> what do you think?
>
>As it happens, that used to be the case before we had a web interface
>where now one only needs to fill in his email address and press the
>submit button.
>
>I think I wrote an email describing what I wished to do,
>although I do remember I managed to write it rather poorly.

I applied by e-mail too (I applied last April), but as I remember that
actually wasn't passed on to the AM and I explained my intentions afresh
to him. I suppose it might be kept on file and used by the DAM, though -
I haven't got to that stage yet. Mind you, some of what I wrote back
then looks a bit out of date now.