Re: Debconf problems

Hi,

> >   E: apl: unknown-control-file config
> >   E: apl: unknown-control-file templates
> > I have checked other packages using debconf (ssh, bsdmainutils) and they
> > are also producing these errors. Was there a change in the policy
> > recently?
> debconf is not policy, and lintian only checks for policy compliance.

Does that mean that packages using debconf are NOT policy conform? The
developers-reference says:

 Normally, a package should _not_ be uploaded if it causes lintian
 to emit errors (they will start with `E').

Well, looks like I should (normally) _not_ upload any packages using debconf.
Sorry, this is a little bit confusing for a newbie like me.

--
Bye