Re: error with locales in glibc 2.2

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:15:01AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> At 18 Jan 2001 17:58:25 +0100,
>
> > I also don't recall seeing anything about this when
> > installing/upgrading locales or libc. Will my choices be automatically
> > generated when upgrading from now on?
>
> It should be displayed at installation time (in postinst)
> Once you choose your locales in locale.gen, it will be automatically
> generated in future upgrade.
> Note that locale.gen is conffiles of locales package.

Perhaps this part of the locales package can be debconfized? The message
currently in the postinst isn't terribly obvious - at least 3 of my
co-workers just ignored that message, and ended up with a system with
only the en_US locale. :(

--
  Roger So                                            telnet://e-fever.org
  spacehunt at e-fever dot org                          SysOp, e-Fever BBS