Re: Compiling kernel 2.4.0
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Compiling kernel 2.4.0
- From: Andreas Metzler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 26 Jan 2001 08:28:41 GMT
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <200101251058.LAA19884@munch.wiwi.hu-berlin.de> <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101251314210.23667-100000@wr-linux02>
Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Steffan Baron wrote on email@example.com:
>> >The new modutils works fine. I could install modules to the 2.4.0
>> >kernel. However when I mount a filesystem via nfs there's a
>> >complaint about that I have older version of mount than the
>> >kernel. Shall I upgrade mount too?
>> Just ignore it. On my Intel box I'm getting "Mount version newer
>> than kernel" which is probably what you get after upgrading .....
> Perhaps new packages for modutils, util-linux, mount could go into
> proposed-updates, to avoid local compile for many people...
At least an updated mount (and nfs-utils) should go to
potato-proposed-updates, since 2.2.18-pre21 (and later), which *is* in
potato-proposed-updates, contain the NFS-code of 2.4 and therefore
produce the same error message.
Uptime: 10 seconds load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
vim:ls=2:stl=***\ Sing\ a\ song.\ ***