Re: Compiling kernel 2.4.0

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Steffan Baron wrote on debian-sparc@lists.debian.org:

> >The new modutils works fine. I could install modules to the 2.4.0 kernel.
> >However when I mount a filesystem via nfs there's a complaint about
> >that I have older version of mount than the kernel. Shall I upgrade
> >mount too?
>
> Just ignore it. On my Intel box I'm getting "Mount version newer than kernel"
> which is probably what you get after upgrading .....
Perhaps new packages for modutils, util-linux, mount could go into
proposed-updates, to avoid local compile for many people...

Kind regards

    Andreas, who is currently building util-linux_2.10q to get a mount
             without the "feature" described above.

Sorry for cross-posting but it is a topic for debian-devel in my opinion.
Please continue discussion there.