Re: translated templates files

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 04:04:34PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > one question:
> > >
> > > I see the language postfix -fr and -FR. Is the last one ok?
> > > I believe no. Joey?
> >
> > I'm hardly an i18n expert, but debconf will not use a template with a
> > -FR prefix unless your LANG is set to FR_*
>
> Neither am I, but some standards seemingly don't give much of a hoot
> about what other standards say.
>
> On language codes the HTML 4.01 spec says:
>
>   6.8 Language codes
>
>   The value of attributes whose type is a language code (
>   %LanguageCode in the DTD) refers to a language code as specified by
>   [RFC1766], section 2.  [...]
>
>   Language codes are case-insensitive.
>
> Then RFC1766 says:
>
>   The following registrations are predefined:
>      In the primary language tag:
>      - All 2-letter tags are interpreted according to ISO standard
>        639, "Code for the representation of names of languages" [ISO
>        639].
>
> And ISO 639 then says:
>
>   Technical contents of ISO 639:1988 (E/F)
>   Code for the representation of names of languages
>
>      Two-letter lower-case symbols are used
>
> I guess it all depends on which piper's tune you care to dance.

I agree, FR is the country code of France. The language code of french is
fr. The french spoken in France is said fr_FR. (as the portuguese of brazil
is pt_BR)

But I see another problem in theses templates: I thougth the name should be
"templates.<lang>" and not
"templates-<lang>" ?

And more: where did you find these templates ? In
postfix-0.0.20001217.SNAPSHOT, I can only find the english one...

Bye, Mt.