Re: ITP nictools-pci, nictools-nopci, mii-diag -- Many Tools for different Ethercards

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Alain Schroeder wrote:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Licence: GPL
> lots of Ethernet Cards written by Donald Becker.
>
> I will seperate between PCI and non-PCI, because a lot of the ISA Tools
> also work with some PCMCIA Cards.
>
> With mii-diag you can examine and set the MII registers of a network
> interfaces.
>

> I'm allready in contact with Donald Becker - in fact he suggested, that
> I package all those little tools...
> The Package is ready will be uploaded in a few hours.

Will you be making kernel-module packages for the drivers?  I was only
able to set up a D-Link DFE-530TX+ card with Beckers' RTL8139 driver which
is newer than the version in the kernel sources.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>