Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libcurl.so.1

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:42:26PM +0100, Michael Moerz wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>
> > i get this warning during the build of my package curl.
> >
> > has anybody any idea about its meaning?
> > where i can find an explanation about error messages like this?
> >
> This question would have been better off at debian-mentors.

sorry :(

> Well the problem occuring to you is that your package is missing
> a shlibs.local file that describes the dependency of your package
> to libcurl. Information regarding the format of that file can be
> found in the package manual (12.1 The shlibs File Format ).

my package *has* debian/shlibs.local

it contains the following line:

  libbcurl 1 libcurl1 | libcurl1-ssl

since my package works fine with either libcurl1 or libcurl1-ssl

libcurl1 binary .deb is built from the same source of curl,
libcurl1-ssl is built from curl-ssl source.

any other possible reason for this warning?

thanks again

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50