Re: translated templates files

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 01:28:47AM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV) wrote:

> BTW, portuguese has two major "versions", pt_BR (brazillian), and pt
> (or pt_PT, I don't know exactly) (portuguese), the page has only pt,

ok, I have change the Script and it support now xx_XX lang-codes too

> I'd like to know how is this diference handled, and how is it supported
> in debconf... I translated base-config's debconf's template, I set it's
> translated description field as pt_BR (see bug #83206).

see /usr/doc/debconf/tutorial.txt.gz:
# fields can be translated. For example, you might want to translate the
# description into Spanish. Just make a field named Description-es [2] that holds
# the translation. Of course, if a translated field is not available, it falls
# back to the normal field names.

with:
# [2]  Actually, Description-es_ES (or es_MX, or whatever) will be checked first.

Gruss
Grisu
 Win0.98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.