ITP: ident2 - uberconfigurable identd

Package: wnppp
Severity: wishlist

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ident2/

ident2 is cool because it's so configurable. If the sysadmin says so,
you can allow configurable replies per-user, controlled by the user's
~/.ident file. If a user has custom settings in that file, then that
will be used to control the reply.

(for instance, my ~/.ident contains "ident DanielS", so when I IRC or
whatever as user daniel, DanielS gets returned as the reply, but user
kim's ~/.ident contains "ident Cynic", so Cynic gets returned whenever
he IRCs or whatever).

License: GPL

Will have an apt-able archive soon. Was just spurred on by the
nullidentd ITP (hey, I used to use that!).

Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer
daniel@kabuki.eyep.net