Re: Install and RAID

In message <[🔎] 843dea9171.fsf@snoopy.apana.org.au>, Brian May writes:

>    Adam> that probably involves less than 0.01% of all systems out
>    Adam> there, I don't really see how it applies to my argument that
>    Adam> Debian shouldn't make software RAID the default.
>
>You could argue that not many systems use RAID because it isn't
>obvious how to install it.

My argument would be that for all the slow small 486 routers/FWs etc.
with little disk space and memory I'd rather not have raid because of
speed etc. so this would not be a good default.  IMO, people who want
it can install it, but as a default I'd prefer normal formatting (note:
I'm not against being able it select it on installation, I just
wouldn't want it selected as default).

Nils.