Re: Package patch

It won't work well for certain packages - in particular packages that
install gzipped files, documentation packages do this. The reason,
gzipping two files with a tiny difference in the original files
creates two completely different compressed versions.
Its the same reason rsync doesn't handle debian packages well.
Otherwise rsync+apt would save loads of bandwidth. Its probably a
better way to solve the problem but I don't think theres any simple
solution.

johno