Re: CSS capable DVD plugin for xine?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 11:10:18AM -0700, Colin Mattson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 06:50:42PM +0100, Siggi Langauf wrote:
> > Does anybody know if there's a chance to package the plugin?
> > Should that package go to non-US? to non-free?
> > Or is it a legal no-go?
> >
> > Any help appreciated. But I think we need a lawyer here...
>
> I'd suggest forwarding this message on to debian-legal, as they'd be better
> suited to this type of discussion than the normal devel list.
> If I were to fathom a guess, though, it would probably not be able to end
> up in Debian (given all the litigation and whatnot going on with DeCSS).

First, see this exact discussion with regard to the oms dvd player, at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0012/msg00714.html

Second, there is no reason for this not to be included in non-us, at a
minimum.  CSS decryption is only illegal here (and then only if you
are Eric Corley, among others).

	sam th
	sam@uchicago.edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/