RE: Lintian problem with Safe::Hole perl module

On 19-Jan-2001 Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> Safe::Hole is a Perl module which has the following line:
>
> require 5.005;
>
> In the control file I use:
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${perl:Depends}
>
> dpkg-deb --info tells me:
> Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), perl-5.005
>
> but lintian complains:
>
> Is this a lintian bug or is their another explanation for this puzzling
> behaviour.
> I'm running an up-to-date potato system.

lintian will no longer be doing perl checks.  It was unable to do this
properly.  About half of the open bugs are due to this.

Ignore the message for now.  lintian 1.20.1 should be on a mirror near you come
next week.

P.s. Someone said you had sent me lintian patches, I can not find any email
from you.  If you have patches, please do let me know.