Re: Help with bug #36709

On 19-Jan-2001 Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> Apparently the menu policy provides an extremely minimal color pallete
> that must be used by menu icons. What tools do developers use to
> design, edit, and import icons so that they adhere to this
> conservative colormap?

file:/usr/share/doc/menu/html/ch3.html#s3.4

 `If you have Imagemagick installed, you can make your icons meet
  requirements 1, 2, and 3 with the following command, but you will
  need to edit the icon afterwards to clean it up and make the
  background transparent:

       $ mogrify -format xpm -geometry 32x32 -map cmap.xpm <filenames>

I then use giftrans to make the background transparent.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada