Re: apt and NFS...

Quoting Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@bayour.com):
> [please Cc me, it's to much noise on the debian-devel list] I have
> /var/cache/apt as a symlink to a NFS mounted partition...
>
> E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (13 Permission
> denied)
> E: Unable to lock the download directory
Why would you want something like that ?

Anyways, did you check if your NFS settings are correct ? you're trying to
NFS writes as root, and 'root' is by default squashed to nobody.
If you really want to do this, add no_root_squash as an option to
the /var/cache/apt line in /etc/exports on your NFS server, consider your
sins, and be even more insecure than with squashed NFS ;)

Greets,
	Robert

--
			      Linux Generation
                "All Bibles are man-made." -- Thomas Edison