Re: Offline sync rool a la rsync ?

Andreas Tille wrote:
> It works not like rsync.  It is slower as rsync.  So why not using rsync
> (or unison which as quite the same problem which bothered me)?
> I like to have all my repositories in a form that the MidnightCommander
> shows no differences between the files after a filecompare.  Mc checks
> for file size and file date.  Unfortunately rsync and unison check for
> file contents (well, it's OK but it is not what I like!).  Both programs
> seem to ignore file dates.

from rsync manpage:

       -t, --times
              This  tells  rsync  to  transfer modification times
              along with the files and update them on the  remote
              system.   Note that if this option is not used, the
              optimization that excludes files that have not been
              modified  cannot  be  effective;  in other words, a
              missing -t or -a will cause the  next  transfer  to
              behave  as  if  it used -I, and all files will have
              their checksums compared and show up  in  log  mes­
              sages even if they haven´t changed.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/