ITP - xmms-cdread

(Please CC all replies, I am not currently subscribed to debian-devel.)

Package: wnpp
Version: N/A; reported 2001-01-16
Severity: wishlist

Section: sound
 XMMS-cdread will read the audio CD as data, allowing XMMS to use that
 for visualization.

License is GPL.

Upstream URL: ftp://mud.stack.nl/pub/OuterSpace/willem/
Deb packages URL: http://www.compwiz.nu/debian/unstable/

I am not an official maintainer, Filip Van
Raemdonck(mechanix@digibel.org) agreed to sponsor this package as long
as no one had any serious objections.

Just to clear up WHY this is a seperate package if XMMS is supposed to
already have audio cd playing capability - this has the ability to read
an audio cd as _data_, and play it back in realtime through XMMS so that
you don't need an audio cable hooked up from the CD drive, and XMMS
visualization plugins will also work with audio cds.

P.S. the current packages fail lintian because the latest
version of dh_makeshlibs keeps failing for some reason, perhaps someone
can help me out. dh_makeshlibs fails with:

dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/substvars -dDepends
debian/xmms-cdread/usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdread.so
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for
shared library libc (soname 6, path /usr/lib/debug/libc.so.6, dependency
field Depends)