Re: ITP: vsftpd - very secure FTP server

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 03:46:59PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> [Bug report headers only help if you CC them to the BTS...]

I'd bcc'd to submit@ so that group followups wouldn't open a new bug
report. Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the mail - bug ID is 82559.

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:11:25PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > I intend to package vsftpd, a very secure FTP server written by Chris
> > Evans. License is GPL and thus it's suitable for inclusion in main.
> >
> > Chris has expressed a desire that I wait until he has a more polished
> > version before uploading a package, so I expect to upload a completed
> > package by the end of next week assuming he's happy enough with this.
> >
> > Also he mentioned that someone else (Daniel Jacabowitz?) expressed an
> Jacobowitz, thanks :)

Sorry. :)

> > interest in packaging vsftpd; I can't find any mention of this in wnpp
> > or elsewhere though.
> That's because I didn't want to ITP without a URL, and I didn't want to
> post the URL until he decided it was ready for general consumption.  If
> you aren't too strongly attached to the idea, I'd like to take this.

No problem; if you want it you can have it.

J.

--
                             Know Thy User.
      Ask me about server collocation - info@blackcatnetworks.co.uk