Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:02:58AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Like, get the DAM part to work effectively? Anyway, how do the priority and
> > volume arguments tie in? I think prioritizing people is wrong,
>
> Maybe so, but it's probably a fact of life. For example, Anthony explained
> how the ARM port needed help fast. Antti-Juhani pointed out that some
> AM's reports can be processed quicker too.

True. Though I put the AM part down to actual people. The only delay in my
AM part was caused by:
a) me fucking up agt a couple of times, and tracking down obscure bugs
b) me being busy with school
c) me organising meetings to complete the ID check, and then fucking up my
key once I had it signed (sorry, Hamish!).

> It's also possible that if you piss the DAM off enough by flaming him
> on debian-devel he might ignore your application for a while.
> This may not be fair, but it's human nature.

I might have to (shock, horror!) test the wonderful sponsorship system!

> (Not directed at you specifically Daniel.)

hehehehehehehehheheh
Even if it was, it'd be one in about 17 =)
(although I'm pretty chuffed about the "undiscovered genius" one ;)

> So we have one DAM, and he's very busy. We do need more.

Hear, hear! Craig said it brilliantly. (Shit, Ben Collins is part of the adm
group? Think it might be very much delayed ;)

=) d