Re: use and abuse of debconf

    Brian> I have a program, setconfig that automatically adjusts
    Brian> /etc/krb5.conf as required by debconf.  While it might have
    Brian> bugs, I have not got any bug reports yet <grin>.

So, I was doing something similar (can you guess what package?:-) and
I ended up inlining the config modifications because I also needed to
read and parse the config file in the config script at which point I couldn't depend on something being installed.  I wish there was
some way I could have a file of subroutines available at preconfigure
time.