Re: Debian Accounts Manager - Master or Servant?

Craig Sanders wrote:

> (*) preferably we should have a group of half-a-dozen or so Accounts
> Managers. like the ftp archives, this is too important to leave in just
> one or two hands.

A volunteer pool system would be effective in distributing regulatory
power, thus avoiding personal bias. Seriously.

In the specific case of managing debian accounts, I estimate that
there would be a lot of people with sufficient qualifications. It
would be beneficial for multiple developers to work cooperatively in
a critical and perhaps even time consuming task as this one.

In my experience, I've found it to be arduous to maintain a multi-user
system with a lot of hardware and I've seen the benefit of working
in groups. For instance, any of the administrators can open an account
so that users do not wait for a single person.

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr