Re: How to "solve" update "excuse" problems?

On Mon 15 Jan 2001, Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:

>  A couple of update excuses with my packages were gone after glibc had been
>  installed into testing. But there is still 'xsidplay' which is out of date
>  on alpha, m68k, powerpc. For powerpc I can find a link to the buildlogs,
>  but they aren't of any help.
>
>  What am I supposed to do? I tried to build the package myself on faure,
>  but I would need to have some header files installed. So indeed the
>  most easiest way would be to have the build daemon do it. How can I check
>  why it doesn't do it?

Well, the current g++ on alpha sometimes has trouble with C++ code.
The xsidplay build fails with the following message:

c++ -DPACKAGE=\"xsidplay\" -DVERSION=\"1.5.4\" -DXSID_HAVE_NOTHROW=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_IOSTREAM_H=1 -DHAVE_IOMANIP_H=1 -DHAVE_ALGO_H=1 -DHAVE_VECTOR_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DHAVE_LINUX_SOUNDCARD_H=1 -DHAVE_LINUX=1  -I. -I.  -I./audio -I./widgets  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/qt    -g -O2 -c moc_FilterDialogData.cpp
moc_FilterDialogData.cpp: In function `static class QMetaObject * FilterDialogData::staticMetaObject()':
moc_FilterDialogData.cpp:120: Internal compiler error in `gen_reload_inhi', at insn-emit.c:5550

There have already been bugs reported on similar problems,
so all I can do at the moment is patiently wait for a new
g++ version for such packages.

However, note that m68k and powerpc have even older versions of
xsidplay currently, maybe investigate those to see why the build
fails there? AFAIK those architectures have build daemons running
(alpha doesn't currently) and I believe the build logs are available
somewhere (I don't know where, however).

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/