Re: Solving the compression dilema when rsync-ing Debian versions

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 02:20:21AM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
>      > maybe it would be easier to not really worry about changing
>      > rsync, but just to compress the rysync traffic.
>
> Already done, which is a great CPU load on the server.
the point of most of my message was that if the compression
algorithm were sufficiently cache-able, the cpu load on the
server might be manageable.

if the current server already does cacheing, i guess i need
remember to RTFSC before posting..
> MfG
>         Goswin

have fun,