Re: senior developer? [was: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT]

On Saturday 13 January 2001 22:50, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:47:55PM +0100, Mariusz Przygodzki wrote:
> > What does the term "the average developer" mean in case of Debian
> > project?
>
> It means guys like you.  But perhaps this is an insult to those developers
> who truly are at the middle of the pack.

Thanks. I know you are nice guy. So friendly and matter-of-fact man.
I appreciate it.

> > What kind of "other" should know "senior developer" and may learn from
> > him?
>
> If you have to ask, then you've been doing entirely too much talking and
> not enough listening.  A common failure of new or aspiring Debian
> Developers, unfortunately -- or perhaps just the ones that are seen on the
> mailing lists a lot.

I've only asked because somebody wrote something and it was not clear for me.

> > Good judgement comes from experience.
> > Experience comes from bad judgement.
>
> I expect you are accruing experience at a remarkable rate, then.

But I am still learning from such guys like you.

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.