Re: ITP: Bakery

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:06:22AM +0100, Mariusz Przygodzki wrote:
> > > Bakery is a C++ Framework for creating GNOME applications using Gnome--
> > > (gnomemm) and Gtk-- (gtkmm).
> >
> > What's the difference with Glade?
>
> Eeee. What's the difference with Glade-- rather?
>
> As you know Glade-- is backend for Glade for creating C++ programm source
> skeletenon. Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick development of user
> interface. Glade-- (or rather an application created with the aid of it)
> functionality depends on libraries Gtk-- and Gnome-- entirely.

Never should you generate source code with Glade.  The result is ugly and
not very good anyway.  There is libglade for this purpose.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Deek> Exactly how much of a PITA is this in C?
<Knghtbrd> It's written in C++.
<Deek> Hence my question.
<Knghtbrd> I could do something like it in C.  Anyone who saw the results
           would think I was either a genius or out of my fucking mind.
           They'd be right on either count.